Prof. Yoshiyuki Nezu was interviewed by Asahi Shimbun at One to One Welfare Education Academy.
July 1, 2023, Prof. Nezu was interviewed by Asahi Shimbun at One to One Welfare Education Academy.
A reporter from the Asahi Shimbun newspaper offered to interview him after reading "Saitama Medical University Style: Comprehensive Techniques for Assistance that Require No Force".
The reporter, who himself is disabled and works as a reporter, has often seen caregivers in action and was interested in the health issues of caregivers. He said that he wanted to introduce Prof. Nezu's caregiving techniques to the public because he believes that both patients and caregivers are aging and that there are many serious problems that need to be solved in the medical and nursing care fields.
The interview was...
- Why did you embark on these initiatives?
- Was it a problem that had emerged as an issue in other medical fields before, but could not be solved?
- whether Prof. Nezu himself invented this method in his book, and if so, where and how he learned the caregiving technique
- if it has been many years since you acquired the caregiving techniques, what are the concrete results of your practice in the medical field?
- How do the medical professionals perceive Prof. Nezu's caregiving techniques?
A wide variety of interviews were conducted as described above.
During the interview, the reporter actually played the role of a patient and experienced Prof. Nezu's caregiving techniques, and was "eye-opening" by the experience of being made to stand or sit lightly.
The reporter commented, "I had wanted to introduce Prof. Nezu's caregiving techniques to the world even before I interviewed him, and the interview reinforced my desire to do so.”
(Reported by Masafumi Oyama, Associate Dean of Saitama Medical University)